2018-01-25

Death (3) - Trance

I sat on the bed, just staring at her. The flying doll. Her sexy dress really added to the whole doll look.

She took a few minutes to finally get that screaming wouldn't get her anywhere, and then just started sobbing.

I gently took off her dress - as gently as I could, considering she was still in the air, and wasn't really in the mood to help. She was just perfect, other than the handful of scars that adorned her body. I traced a couple of them with my fingers, making her shiver, before taking out the knife once more. Yet again I rested it's tip against her neck.

This time she didn't have the strength to say anything anymore. She was practically in shock. I had to get her out of her trance. I slowly ran the knife down through her skin, from her chin to her belly. A shallow cut, barely skin deep, just enough to snap her back into reality. She started whimpering, again mumbling nonsense. Good. That was better than silence.

The door opened abruptly. Andrei. Who apparently couldn't keep his word. He was grinning, as always.

"What the hell are you doing here, Andrei. I thought you had said you wouldn't so much as look?"

He pat my shoulder. "Well... Of course I couldn't help looking, Sandy. And since you were doing such a great job... I had to come and see it firsthand. I'll just sit in a corner and stay quiet, I promise."

I tried to focus back on the girl, but the madness, the trance, had been shattered. Now I knew for sure, yes, this was another test. I took a deep breath. I had to go further.

"Hey, honey. Look who came to see you." Shit. Why the hell did he have to come? ... Still, I had to do this. I Had To. I tried my best to sound confident, to hide the slight tremble in my voice. "Aren't you happy? Didn't you say you like him?" The grin finally came back to my eyes. "Well. Let us walk you to hell, then."

She kept sobbing, not really hearing me anymore. The whole suspension thing had taken a huge toll on her sanity. I mentally glanced at Andrei. Her state couldn't stop me. I took a deep breath and went on to slowly carve a big x on her back - this time in deep cuts, to the point it started bleeding quite a lot. All she did was whimper pathetically.

I was so deep inside my mind, thinking on what the hell could I do next, that I jumped in place when Andrei hugged me from my back, his hands like vices clamping onto my arms.

"Holy shit, Sandy. Look at what you've done."

It was his usual eerie murmur, but this time it was full of pride - for me. I couldn't help closing my eyes. His strong grip almost hurt, making me clench my teeth.

"Now, don't let her bleed out, boy." His hands slowly but surely crawled up to my shoulders. "Kill her." His grip ever tighter, my heart skipped a beat as he went on, his voice ever so more disturbing. "Let her blood taint your soul, Sandy. Let go."

I went into a trance as his hands let me free. Andrei could be a master of words when he tried. For the last time I made her look into my eyes, raising her chin with my hand. She was still mumbling nonsense. Guess she hadn't heard him. I slowly raised the knife to her neck, and in an even slower motion, cut through her throat, letting her blood soak me, always staring into her eyes. I saw the flame smothered, life turned into ashes.

I closed my eyes. No matter how many times I saw it, I would have sworn I'd never get used to it. I felt his arms wrapping around me, this time a soft, lovingly caress. Still in a trance, I let my head fall back into his shoulder as his embrace got slowly tighter.

"Feel it, Sandy. Let it drown you." He softly guided my hand, the knife, to her belly. I couldn't do anything other than watch as the knife cut into her abdomen, as he let it fell to the ground. My hand still into his, we reached inside her, took her entrails. His steady breath sent my heart racing as he gently guided my hand, full of bloody guts, to my face, smearing it all over as I closed my eyes, blood and bits dripping everywhere.