2018-03-16

Hell (18) - Mrs. Petrov

I threw Mrs. Petrov before the camera, right in front of the three-foot tall message. “They're dead”. She started wailing, more from the shock than from any real pain. How cute. She was so clueless.

I sent the shack's audio feed to my earpiece before stepping into view. “Why, hello, Mr. Petrov. I'm guessing you were wondering what had been of me lately.”

My earpiece blared. “You bastard, you'll pay for this! What you did this morning was already bad enough, but this... I'll have your head for this, I swear!”

I patiently waited for him to finish his curse, a smile creeping onto my lips. Idiot. He was still as clueless as the first day, when he received the first parcel. Once he finally shut up, I drew a knife. I heard him mumble nonsense, but I ignored it. I knelt by Mrs. Petrov's side, making sure the cam could see everything. She was also whimpering pathetically. As if I had already done anything. Idiot.

I pet her hair. “Honey, I'll be honest to you. I think your hubby's lied to you. He knows much more than he seems to have told you. For example... he knows this is happening.”

She broke long before I started with her. The thought that Mr. Petrov could be behind this all was too much. She probably started thinking about how many times his husband had been out and away this week, and how he hadn't seemed that shocked that very morning, especially after he came home really late yesterday, and... Heh. Nothing like not telling all the truth to make people think whatever you want them to, no matter how foolish it seems.

Still, I couldn't care less about her. This was about Mr. Petrov. And that meant using her too. I took the knife to her face. Quickly glanced at the cam, winking an eye at Mr. Petrov. The old man started cursing again, but shut up once the knife started slicing her flesh. Slowly, so he would have all the time in the world to stare. To realize.

This had never been about his money, this was about his life. I carved an X on her cheek, a deep cut so it would leave an awful scar even if she went to have it stitched. Her screams echoed around the house, making me grin like an idiot. Those little details always perk me up.

I let the knife on the floor and softly pet her cheek, took in the feeling of her warm blood staining my hand. I gently traced the wound with my fingers. I felt tempted to mess around for a bit, but decided to not take risks, the cut was bleeding more than I had expected. She was already in emotional shock, last thing I needed was a physical one too. I brutally cut her shirt and pressed it to her cheek. I had to stop the blood, and at the same time, give a good show. This would work for both.

The earpiece was silent the whole time. Seems like Mr. Petrov too was in an emotional shock. Poor idiot. If only he knew.

After a few minutes, her cheek seemed to stop bleeding. I looked at my work. Yeah, it would leave a nasty scar no matter what. Mr. Petrov would never forget what I had done. What I can do. I heard him sobbing in the earpiece.

I got up and dragged her out of the cam's field of view.